Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas Adventures in Edinburgh



Edinburgh is my favourite place to go at Christmas and last week I finally got to go again. It had been two years since my last visit as I was working two jobs last December. It was an understatement to say I was excited. We didn't really have a plan in mind as it is nice just to walk the streets and markets admiring all the lights. I would have loved to do outfit photos but a) it was freezing and b) I don't have the confidence to pose when other people are watching. 



As you can see my boyfriend Raymond decided to demonstrate how to pose in public but this was this was the best I could manage. If you follow me on Instagram then you'll probably know that I am slightly obssesed with carousels, I am not even going to pretend that it's not my favourite thing about Christmas markets. This year the one in Edinburgh was amazing. The horses were so extravagant and grand looking. Just look at them! I would have loved to have gone on again in the dark but it was a rather ridiculous £4 each.


Raymond had got a new 50mm prime lens for his camera and wanted to experiment with it so I instructed him on what photos to take for me. After wandering round the market we took a walk up our favourite street and then the Royal Mile to visit the Fudge Kitchen (which is a compulsory when near one). We also visited The Childhood Museum which is right next door. I always like looking at the old toys some that even I remember playing like the fishing pole game. We continued up to stroll about the streets ending up on Grass market before giving into to hunger and going dinner at The Filling Station. After dinner we took another walk round the market in the dark before heading for the train.






Where is your favourite place to visit at Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. I visited edinburgh just before christmas too. It's a bit if a yearly ritual for my husband and I. Unfortunately it was so cold and wet we hardly got and photos. I'm quite envious of the photos you took! X

    ReplyDelete